The fellowship consists of a monthly salary for the postdoctoral researcher based on the salary scale of the host institution and is granted for a period of twenty-four (24) months maximum. Prolongation is not possible. Should the department wish to employ the fellow after the termination of the EuroTechPostdoc fellowship, a new contract must be drawn. Fellowships cannot be granted retroactively. Fellowships must start at the latest six (6) months after the decision date.
All fellows will be Marie-Curie Fellows.
Admissibility and Eligibility Criteria
EuroTechPostdoc is open to researchers regardless of gender, religion, ethnicity, disability, sexual orientation, political views, language, age and nationality. To be considered eligible, applicants must fulfil the following criteria:
- Experience: Applicants must hold a PhD degree from a recognised university or plan to obtain a PhD degree by the time of employment or have at least four years of full-time equivalent research experience*.
- Mobility: Researchers may not have resided or carried out their main activity (work, studies, etc.) in the country of the host university for more than twelve (12) months in the three (3) years immediately before the call deadline.
Time spent as part of a procedure for obtaining refugee status under the Geneva Convention, compulsory national service and/or short stays such as holidays are not taken into account.
- Institutional Endorsement: Support from both the host and co-host. Please approach them early on. A standard process will be provided in the application portal. You will have to provide the email address of your supervisor and co-supervisor (please check spelling). The programme management office will approach host and co-host professors and ask them to provide the institutional endorsement. The Institutional endorsement comprises a confirmation of the availability of infrastructure, supervision and resources to successfully complete the project.
- Applicants must be able to carry out full time research during the fellowship period (parental leave, sick leave, military leave and care leave are accepted).
- Research direction follows the H2020 Ethics.
- Applications must be:
- Submitted in the electronic submission system before the deadline of the call,
- Readable, accessible and printable,
- Complete, i.e. include the following:
- Research plan (maximum ten pages, additional pages will be discarded).
- Prioritised CV – including career breaks and list of all publications of the applicant.
- Completed and signed ethical issues form.
- Scanned copy of PhD diploma or an official statement of the awarding university on expected date of obtaining the degree.
- The research area to which the application is assigned.
- Names and contact details of their intended host and co-host.
To apply for a EurotechPostdoc fellowship, you have to create your personal account in the application portal first. The portal will guide you through the submission process. You will be able to save your current application status and continue with your application at a later stage until the application deadline. The necessary templates mandatory for completing the application can be found in the portal as well as below.
The portal will open on 30th November 2018 for the next call. Please check here.
The deadline for submission for the upcoming call is 28th February 2019. You will be able to change your application and upload updated documents until call deadline. After the call deadline you will be able to log in into your personal account to verify the status of your application.
Please note that in order to submit your application your host and co-host have to provide an institutional endorsement. This endorsement is automatically requested by the submission system and requires the contact details of your hosts.
Please ensure well in advance to provide your host and co-host with the necessary pieces of information.
* In agreement with the Horizon 2020: 2016-2017 Work Programme for Marie Skłodowska-Curie Actions, applicants to EuroTechPostdoc must be Experienced Researchers, namely they must, on the recruitment date (1st call: 1 August 2018; 2nd call: 1 August 2019), be in possession of a doctoral degree or have at least four years of full-time equivalent research experience. Full-Time Equivalent Research Experience is measured from the date when a researcher obtained the degree entitling him or her to embark on a doctorate, either in the country in which the degree was obtained or in the country in which the researcher is recruited, even if a doctorate was never started or envisaged.
After the submission deadline, the project management office (PMO) performs an admissibility and eligibility check for all submitted applications and inform the applicants by e-mail of the outcome within two weeks.
At least three external independent expert reviewers are assigned to each application and one of them is appointed as senior expert. The experts will peer review and score all eligible applications according to the evaluation criteria described below. The evaluation of the applicants will be based on the main criteria Excellence (50%), Impact (30%) and Implementation (20%).
The senior expert will summarise the strengths and weaknesses of each of the three main criteria identified by the three experts and the final score into one Evaluation Summary Report (ESR) (300-500 words). The final score will be the basis for the ranking and selection of fellows.
Applications are assessed against criteria addressing the candidate’s ability and commitment to research, the quality of the proposed research project as well as the synergy between the research proposed and the identified host and co-host, and the impact of the research project on the career development of the candidate.
The Evaluation Panels are asked to score the applications using the following evaluation criteria:
|EXCELLENCE||Threshold 3.5/5.0; Weight 0.5|
|Sub-criterion 1. Scientific and Technological Quality
Sub-criterion 2. Applicant Qualifications
|IMPACT||Threshold 3.5/5.0; Weight 0.3|
|IMPLEMENTATION||Threshold 3.5/5.0; Weight 0.2|
|Final Score (weighted mean)||Threshold 3.5/5.0|